.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Marion :: essays research papers

For a long time, I saw her around every day on the train. Her gravely voice would prompt me to look up and consequently quickly look down. Sometimes, she would appear as I gazed aimlessly at the doors that adjoin the cars of the train. She would enter, look around, smile faintly and then(prenominal) introduce herself. Her get up is Marion. She is homeless. But no, she doesnt steal and never has in her life. She is down on her luck and needs help. And can we please help her? A dime, a nickel, anything. In fact, she would be happy with food. No, she doesnt do drugs and would be so grateful for any kind soul who would help. Always that very comparable speech with that same plastic cheerfulness. She would make her way slowly by means of the train car, patiently when it was almost empty, and excusing herself to those who were already shrinking away from her, when it was crowded. She would moderate sometimes and peer into the face closest to her with a deep imploration in her eyes. When it was my face, I would look down discreetly, sometimes placing wrinkled bills into her dirty, wrinkled palm. She would give thanks and bless me profusely, I would dismiss her by staring at my work force with an embarrassment I couldnt explain. I didnt want her attention. I didnt want her to look at me or thank me. I wanted her to not exist. I didnt want to wonder if she was a mother or a part of family or how she ended up in her sad journey walking through the rumbling cars of forward-looking York Citys trains.She would move on to some other uncomfortable face, another one that ignored her. Some would say a casual, No. around as if she had asked if they knew the time. She would simply move on. When she had been ignored by enough faces, she would affirm close to the doors adjoining the trains, nod slowly and then walk through.I saw her one day in the bathroom of the Long Island bring Station. I stood to the side, waiting for a free stall. She walked in and sneezed sever al times. She had an almost confused expression, staring at the wall and then the floor and then me for a little while before walking up to the drool can. I was very surprised, so removed she was from where I was used to visual perception her, from the part of my day where her presence had become normal, expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment